Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sky-Fi

Let's go back in time for a second... I am highlighting a friend I went to middle school and high school with. He used to go by No I.D. and recently switched to "Sky-Fi"





His Bio: (from: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sky-Fi-Official-Artist-Page/248074438542428?sk=info )


Sky-Fi, real name Skyelar Stacey, started rhyming at age 15 initially under the stage name NO I.D. In april 2006 he released his first e.p., 'Forever Endeavor'. Buzz spread locally with the release of his 2008 mixtape, 'How The West Was Won' & 2010's 'My Life Is A Movie'. Within the past year, He has opened for Wiz Khalifa, Fashawn, Andre Nickitina, Zion-I, & performed alongside Paul Wall & Chamillionaire...not too mention getting his music in the hands of artists such as Yelawolf, Snoop Dogg & Ice Cube. Even with all of these accomplishments, the young artist recognizes the ever-constant need for growth, always looking ahead to the next biggest musical venture. Now under the new name, Sky-Fi, the 21 year old rapper is currently prepping his next project, 'If The Sky Should Fall', as well as it's as of yet untitled mixtape follow up, both expected to drop this year.

The new album, 'If The Sky Should Fall' is coming out soon & will be on iTunes.

Download his music here for FREE: http://www.reverbnation.com/thekidSkyFi

Every once in awhile I do check ups on the town I used to call home- Eugene, OR. This has been fun to support him from the media side since I can't go to his shows! I wish him the best and think you should check him out! He's an awesome kid and totally worth your time! :)

Go like his page (mentioned above) and find him on twitter @therealSkyFi

Much Love, Much Music, Much Magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment