Sunday, September 25, 2011

Jonathan Jones

What better way to kick off the new blog than with the guy who started this whole mess. ;P I don't think I have ever even told him, that he is the reason I started working in the music industry. But, plain and simple... he was. Lets go back to Fall of 2007, I was in the small town of Rexburg, ID going to school. I was on my own for the first time in my life and my roommates wanted to make sure I got out of our Apt. They dragged me to this concert. "It's Like Love" "We Shot the Moon" and "Love You Long Time" were all the bands playing. I knew none of them going into it and I left with a new fascination. I loved "We Shot the Moon" and wanted more. I got home and looked everywhere for their music only to find that Jonathan Jones had been the lead singer of "Waking Ashland" before WSTM so, then I got that music too. I was so in love with it that I followed What WSTM was doing and tried to go to their shows whenever I was close to them. I realized that I love the music industry and wanted to work with people like Jonathan. So, when I moved to SLC, UT that is exactly what I did... spent a little over two years working with band after band. I was unfortunate that Jonathan booked his shows through another booking agency. He probably came through SLC, UT every couple months (or so it seemed) the whole time I was their but I always had to work another show on those nights so I never made it to one until this summer in June or July I can't remember exactly. Jonathan is a good friend and I was glad that I was able to see him in Boise, ID before I shipped out to the east coast. He knows I am waiting for him to make it over here! But, I am going to share my favorite songs from the lifetime of Jonathan's music life. :) My all time fave... an oldie but a total GOODIE! :) Another fave from We Shot the Moon Days his solo stuff. Go give him some love! :) He deserves it!
Photo from a long, long, long time ago! http://www.jonathanjonesmusic.com/ https://twitter.com/#!/JonathanJones_ http://www.facebook.com/jonathanjones

No comments:

Post a Comment